ODR-DabMux is a DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) multiplexer compliant to ETSI EN 300 401. It is the continuation of the work started by the Communications Research Center Canada on CRC-DabMux, and is now pursued in the Opendigitalradio project.
ODR-DabMux is part of the ODR-mmbTools tool set. More information about the ODR-mmbTools is available in the guide, available on the Opendigitalradio mmbTools page.
Features of ODR-DabMux:
- Standards-compliant DAB multiplexer
- Configuration file, see doc/example.mux
- Timestamping support required for SFN
- Logging to syslog
- Monitoring using munin tool
- Includes a Telnet and ZMQ Remote Control for setting/getting parameters
- EDI input and output, both over UDP and TCP
- Support for FarSync TE1 and TE1e cards (G.703)
- Something that will (with your help?) one day become a nice GUI for
- Experimental STI-D(PI, X)/RTP input intended to be compatible with compliant encoders.
- ZeroMQ and TCP ETI outputs that can be used with ODR-DabMod
- ZeroMQ input that can be used with ODR-AudioEnc which supports CURVE authentication
odr-zmq2edi, a tool that can convert a ZeroMQ ETI stream
to an EDI stream.
odr-zmq2farsync, a tool that can drive a FarSync card from
a ZeroMQ ETI stream.
src/ directory contains the source code of ODR-DabMux and the additional
doc/ directory contains the ODR-DabMux documentation, a few example
configuration files, and the munin and xymon scripts for the statistics server.
lib/ directory contains source code of libraries needed to build
INSTALL.md file for installation instructions.
See the files
Contributions to this tool are welcome, you can reach users and developers through the ODR-mmbTools group or any other channels mentioned on the ODR website.
There is a list of ideas and thoughts about new possible features and improvements
Matthias P. Braendli matthias [at] mpb [dot] li
Pascal Charest pascal [dot] charest [at] crc [dot] ca
David Lutton, Yoann Queret, Stefan Pöschel and Maik for bug-fix patches, Wim Nelis for the Xymon monitoring scripts, and many more for feedback and bug reports.