ODR-DabMod is a DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) modulator compliant to ETSI EN 300 401. It is the continuation of the work started by the Communications Research Center Canada, and is now pursued in the Opendigitalradio project.
ODR-DabMod is part of the ODR-mmbTools tool-set. More information about the ODR-mmbTools is available in the guide, available on the Opendigitalradio mmbTools page.
- Reads ETI and EDI, outputs compliant COFDM I/Q
- Supports native DAB sample rate and can also resample to other rates
- Supports all four DAB transmission modes
- Configuration file support, see
- Integrated UHD output for USRP devices
- Tested for B200, B100, USRP2, USRP1
- With WBX daughterboard (where appropriate)
- SoapySDR output
- Can be used to drive the LimeSDR board, the HackRF and others.
- Timestamping support required for SFN
- GPSDO monitoring (both Ettus and ODR LEA-M8F board)
- Monitoring integration with munin
- A FIR filter for improved spectrum mask
- TII insertion
- Logging: log to file, to syslog
- EDI sources: TCP and UDP, both with and without Protection and Fragmentation Layer.
- ETI sources: ETI-over-TCP, file (Raw, Framed and Streamed) and ZeroMQ
- A Telnet and ZeroMQ remote-control that can be used to change
some parameters during runtime and retrieve statistics.
doc/README-RC.mdfor more information
- ZeroMQ PUB and REP output.
- Ongoing work about digital predistortion for PA linearisation.
- A web GUI for control and supervision of modulator and predistortion engine. See
- A prototype algorithm for crest factor reduction.
src/ directory contains the source code of ODR-DabMod.
doc/ directory contains the ODR-DabMod documentation, an example
configuration file and a script for munin integration.
lib/ directory contains source code of libraries needed to build
python/ directory contains a web-based graphical control interface and
the digital predistortion project.
INSTALL.md file for installation instructions.
See the files
Matthias P. Braendli matthias [at] mpb [dot] li
Pascal Charest pascal [dot] charest [at] crc [dot] ca
With thanks to other contributors listed in AUTHORS